Friday, March 21, 2008

23 Things on a Stick - Things #4, 5, 6 - Photosharing and Editing

Thing #4, 5, 6 - Flickr – It is hard for me to get excited about things like Flickr and image editing tools, because I have been around them so much and used so many of them. To me this is as exciting as say a WordProcessor or a spreadsheet. I do recognize the potential for an online photo sharing service such as Flickr. In fact our library has a museum attached to it and this would be the perfect way to view some of the artifacts and photos and I will probably use this technology for this purpose.
As for using this tool to get people into the library I am less than convinced. The image editors may help with things such as creating collages, posters and Flyers, but any good desktop publishing software can do this as well.

I found that the online image editors and flickr extremely easy to use and implement. And I can see they could have a future in helping librarians and librarian staff in the day to day operations of the library.

No comments: